Migration from other services
You can easily import subscriptions from both NewPipe and YouTube from the GUI accessible from the menu. You will just need to click the application you want to import data from, select the exported file and the subscriptions will be imported. Note that this will not override any subscriptions, only new subscriptions will be added.
For exporting the data from the applications, you will have to:
- NewPipe: Export your subscriptions in the “Subscriptions” tab. Only YouTube subscriptions will be imported, non-YouTube subscriptions will be ignored.
- YouTube: Download your YouTube subscriptions as a
Old way (via scripts)
If you are using NewPipe, you can migrate your subscriptions to Tubefeeder in the following way:
- Export your subscriptions from Newpipe in the “Subscriptions” tab.
- Move the exported subscriptions to your computer
- Run “newpipe_to_tubefeeder.sh” in this repositories “tools” folder giving the subscriptions from NewPipe as an argument
- Save the generated output in a file “subscriptions.db”, move this file to your Pinephone to “~/.local/share/tubefeeder/subscriptions.csv”
- Restart Tubefeeder
You should be able to download your YouTube subscriptions as a
tools/youtube_to_tubefeeder.sh script and move the resulting output to “~/.local/share/tubefeeder/subscriptions.csv”.
After restarting Tubefeeder, the subscriptions should be imported.
Copyright: 2021 Julian Schmidhuber firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise noted content on this wiki may be used under the terms of the GNU FDL, either version 1.3 (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3.html) or (at your opinion) any later version of the license, or (at your opinion) the CC-BY-SA-4.0-license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode).